Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'd Just Like To Try Some Carrot Cake and Wine...






Ah, love me some Stereophonics. I also loves me some good carrot cake. So, tonight I combined the two. I think Wednesdays and Saturdays are going to be my baking days. I know I had said I was coming down off the cake, but for some reason really wanted to make a carrot cake tonight. It also could have been that I had some carrots to use up. Whatever.

Now, for carrot cake you have to shred a ton of carrots. I didn't want to do that by hand, and then remembered that K and P, in addition to orchestrating the appearance of Ophelia in my life and the awesome party that came with that appearance, also gifted me an attachment for Ophelia. An attachment that shreds things. Carrot like things. Ok, carrots. And fingers if you're not careful, but mostly carrots and other various veggies, fruits, etc. It is the coolest thing in the world. Well, next to Ophelia. Don't tell her I said that.

So, in the various pictures above you'll see some shredding, some baking, and some frosting. I think the frosting on this cake didn't turn out as well as the last cake. I used a recipe that was a little bit different, and I don't like it as well. It's fine, but not amazing like the one from the chocolate cake.

Also, you'll see in the pictures that I invested in a new product. This is a Wilton product, and Ophelia and I are doing our best Vana White's in showing it off. This was before I tried to pry the cakes out of their pans. What a waste of 5 bucks. 2 of the 3 cakes broke trying to get them out of the pans. The product claimed that it would greased and flour the pans all in one, just to put a bit in the pan, brush all over, and go to town. Answer: false. This did little other than to create headaches for me and ruin my pretty cakes. Now, before I go completely blaming the product, it may have a been a user fault. I didn't place parchment because I thought the cake goo (aka Wilton product) would take care of it. My bad. However, I am getting really, really good at putting cakes back together.;)

Will update later on the turn out. Notice that I'm getting less and less funny as the semester goes on. I have a feeling December is gonna be something else.;)

2 comments:

teryn j. said...

That picture of you is SUPER CUTE!

Unknown said...

We use Baker's Joy spray for our pound cakes that we make in the bundt pan and it makes it pop right out. It's a spray that does the greasing and flouring in one step and so far it's always worked like a charm.