Thursday, October 2, 2008

This Blog Should Be Called Neglecting Ophelia

Ophelia has asked me to post and convey my deepest apologies for neglecting her. You see, since the nasty "Carbomb Cake" incident, I haven't been baking much. I made some cookies, whoopie do, and some peanut butter bars for one of my BFF's (K) birthday week (yea for the 7 days of K. -- tomorrow's present is awesome!). In truth, I've barely been functioning, as evidenced by forgotten or unreturned emails, stacks of ungraded papers, job materials that are in sore need of attention, oh, and that whole, you know, write a dissertation thing. Yes I would like cheese with my whine, make it gouda.;) I love gouda. Mostly I think I just like saying it. Anywho...it's the general neglect that comes with too many things and not enough M.'s. Unfortunately, the bogged-downess of it all now means that I wake up every day wondering why in the world I think I want to do this (academia) for the rest of my life. Am I crazy? Don't answer that question. I think I already know the answer.;) I know it's the standard response, and that everyone at this stage experiences it. Whatever, it will be fine, but I just can't wait until it's over. It's a bad couple of weeks when I don't bake. The worst of it is I have apples on the counter that I must do something with. My friend KSH is coming over tomorrow to help me/learn how to make apple crisp, so that will help at least in keeping the apple population to a minimum.

I just wanted everyone to know that I wasn't holding Ophelia hostage, so if she calls you and begs you to come take her away from this place, know it's not as bad as it seems. I'm workin' on it.

No comments: